To download your TaskStream work to your computer, you must first create and download a package of the work. You can create packages of your work using the Pack-It-Up feature located on the Resources Page.
1. Click the ‘Resources’ button in the top navigation menu.
2. Click the ‘Go to Pack-It Up’ link.
3. Click the yellow ‘Create a New Package’ button.
4. You will be taken to ‘Step 1: Select Work’. To select the work you wish to package, click the link of the type of work (i.e. ‘Directed Response Folios’) or the yellow arrow next to the link to display all the work you have created that falls into that category. Place a check next to each item of work you would like to package and click ‘Save & Continue’ to proceed.
5. The following screen is ‘Step 2: Confirm Selections’. If you are satisfied with your selections, click ‘Save & Continue’ to proceed.
6. The next step is ‘Step 3: Set Download Preferences’. Select whether you would like the package to be created in a PC-compatible format (ZIP file) or a Mac-compatible format (SIT file). Then select how you would like to be notified when the package is ready; either by a message to your TaskStream account, or a message sent to your external email address. Click ‘Finish’ to proceed.
7. You should receive a confirmation screen stating ‘Your Package has been created’. Click ‘Go to Pack-It Up homepage’. At this time, the package is being created. When the package is completed, you can download it by accessing the Resources area and clicking ‘Go to Pack-It-Up’ in your TaskStream account.
When the package is ready, you can download it by clicking the ‘Download’ button that appears under ‘Your Packages’. You must download the package directly onto your computer. We recommend downloading the package to your desktop, so it will be easy to find when you are ready to extract the files.
In order to open and view your downloaded file, you will have to decompress it. Most computers come with the necessary decompression utility installed. If you have chosen to receive your package as a .ZIP file (for PC), you will need WinZip to decompress it. If you have chosen to download your package as a .SIT file (for MAC), you will need StuffIt to decompress it. ZIP and SIT files are archives used for distributing and storing files. ZIP and SIT files are compressed to save space which makes them ideal for grouping and transporting files quickly.
Note: Your computer may be set up to decompress the file immediately after it has been downloaded. If the decompression utility is installed on your machine, you will be able to double click the .ZIP or .SIT file you downloaded to open the utility. If prompted to do so, extract the files in a location you will be able to find. The files will be extracted into a folder titled, “My TaskStream Work”.
To view your downloaded TaskStream work, double click the file titled, “package_menu.html,’ which will appear as an Internet Explorer icon (or whatever your default browser may be) in the My TaskStream Work folder. A Table of Contents window appears displaying the downloaded TaskStream files. Click a title to view that file.
If your computer has the capability, you may then transfer this package to an external storage device (CD, zip drive, etc).
Please note that both extracting compressed files and burning data onto a CD are processes that do not involve the use of TaskStream. Therefore, we can only provide limited support for these functions. Please contact us directly at 800-311-5656 if you need assistance with extracting your files and we will do our best to assist you.